Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Official Name of Smith Baby #6

Today a great friend dropped off this basinet for me to use for the first few months after Norman Harold Thomas Smith III is born.  He actually isn't really the III, but I like how it looks when I write it and how it sounds when I read it. Norman is my paternal grandmother's maiden name.  Harold is my Opa's name, and the name of Ryan's much loved uncle, and Thomas is the name of Ryan's late, yet great Grandfather. I simply love this name, and am 99% positive that it will stick.  Back to my story. So a pal dropped this off at my home tonight. I thanked her for her thoughtfulness, and she went on to tell me that many neighbors have used this bassinet, have shared maternity clothes, baby toys, etc.  What a great neighborhood! (and yes, there a few homes for sale right here!) Her kindness did not surprise me, but has made me think about our Savior. He freely gave what He had, He helped those around Him, He observed and served. My friend reminds me of Him, as do many other pals in this area.  I can already picture Norman Harold Thomas Smith III resting peacefully in his new bed... and then his sister pulling him out of it to cuddle him.



All of the kids are really excited for this little man cub to leave my belly and enter the real world.


1 comment:

  1. I sure wish that we had thought of multiple middle names. One of our poor kids didn't even get a middle name.

    ReplyDelete