Saturday, November 29, 2014

Tinsel Pig

Today was so insanely productive, it could only be called a legit Saturday.  I was able to help out at a funeral for a wonderful man in our ward/ congregation. While I was there, my husband and children, and our amazing home teacher and his family cleaned up our yard. I mean, they really took care of business.  We live on 1/3 acre, and have several huge, leaf dropping trees.  All of our leaves were bagged, all of the random rubbish and old, useless wood was hauled away, and one of our trees (a tree that has driven me nuts ever since we moved in) got a hair cut today.  Apparently, Ryan was too busy working to take some pics of the adventure, but the before and after, as seen by me in person, is remarkable.  Thanks so much.  I 'm excited to see where the Smith clan can do a good turn...



Of all the random, unnecessary holiday decorations that one could possess, this Tinsel Pig from Target is probably at the top of my list. It's big, like 18" tall.  I love pigs, and scarves and Christmas. It tastefully combines those three loves into one heck of a decoration.



Preston and Annie helped me put up our Christmas lights.



This is a pic of us right after we hung it all up.  No injuries to report (aka falling off the roof) thank Heaven.



Preston is double checking the lights to make sure they are connected.



Well done us! As you can see, it was even warm enough for a tank top (at least Preston thinks it still is.)




2 comments:

  1. Well done on the lights and well done for having such awesome neighbors to help you with your yard! heaven knows the Smiths have helped MANY!

    ReplyDelete