Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Grandpa

Guest Post Alert:  Ryan Smith

Today my maternal Grandfather passed at the mature age of 94.  I have memories of my Grandpa throughout my life. Probably my favorite memory is when he would visit our house and play catch with a baseball.  He had a great arm and was very patient with me.  Never a moment to himself, he was always serving.  I imagine that is what he is doing on the other side.  I miss him but know he is in a better place where he can have no pain and be reunited with my Grandmother, his siblings and parents.  It will be a celebration of a great life at his funeral in a week or so.  We love you Grandpa!



Lindsey's post-voting shot.


Only 3 more days of treatment.  Just getting my vitals here.  I did not want to post any of the Ryan photos, nor to write this post, but I am obligated to the woman who I get to call my wife.  She has done so much for me during our 16+ years together especially during this past couple of months.


Classic.


We had wait so long for the oncologist today that they brought crackers, peanut butter, and juice. Lindsey and I played Pictionary and made balloons from rubber gloves during the hour we were waiting.  Good news, my body is seemingly healthy, and surgery is most likely planned for the beginning of the year.


Photo from Easter this year.  Granpa in the center with his great-grandkids surrounding him.

2 comments:

  1. What a great life your grandfather lived, the lives he touched and the influence for good that he made. Picturing his reunion brings tears to my yes. His legacy lives on!

    ReplyDelete