Monday, November 3, 2014

Radioactive

Owen and his good buddy decided to sing the song "Radioactive" for his class talent show.  Owen practiced on the way to school with his siblings. It was awesome.  However, a few hours later, that wonderful dress rehearsal got sweetened and condensed into a much shorter version of the song. Like just the first two lines. But those two lines were epic! Well done Owen!

Ryan Alert: My dear, kind husband has only 3 more days left of chemo/radiation.  He is totally on his homestretch. Monday's are tricky because Annie has gymnastics from 5-6, so I leave just before 5 and get home little after 6.  I failed to throw something in the crock pot, too.  Because of his treatments, Ryan feels better when he eats an early dinner. On my way to take Annie to gymnastics, I called Ryan and highlighted the glorious leftovers available to him, promising a high quality meal as soon as I got home. Not 5 seconds after I hung up, a pal of mine phoned and told me that she had made way too much dinner (a likely story...) , and wanted to know if I had dinner on the table. I gladly, gratefully accepted her meal offer, and Ryan and the fan finished eating before we got back.It's tiny miracles like these that not only make me feel so very blessed to associate with such wonderful neighbors and friends, but also let me know that God is watching over us. That He is sending little tender mercies to us.  I sure do prefer to be on the giving end of the equation, but I think the giving will be made sweeter because of the love I've felt in receiving... And Ryan Edward Smith, you are an example of faith, courage and perseverance. I'm a lucky duck to call you my husband.  Ryan vs. Cancer: Ryan will win.





Owen with his rockstar drummer friend to the right.



Owen with his duet partner to the right of him. They are all holding up certificates for doing a brilliant job at the Muir's Got Talent Show. (Our elementary school's name is Muir: FYI)



Annie had gymnastics today and is doing a fab job!
She is very good at pointing her toes.



No comments:

Post a Comment