Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waffles

Tonight for dinner a wonderful woman invited my family over for dinner. She made glorious waffles, and even served them with a made from scratch butterscotch syrup that was to-die-for.  Even luckier was not having to make dinner the night before I leave for an Epic Holman Women's Capital Weekend (yes, we will be watching the Mocking Jay premier, and I will probably start my own revolution if pedicures aren't on the agenda.)  How grateful I am for kind dinner hosts, for children who got their homework done, and for a handsome husband who is feeling well enough to watch Catching Fire with me tonight, who will walk my favorite dog, and who is game to take on our 5 monkeys (I am still taking care of one monkey 24/7...) till I return on Saturday night.  I will return either be extremely well rested form all of the relaxation, or crazy tired form all the late night chats and partying.  Either outcome will be a win!



The hostess with the mostess called this a banana split waffle.
Basically, top your waffle with all the tasty goodies you would top a banana split, and let it take your mouth to culinary bliss.



A friend of mine did her backsplash with pennies.  It looked so fabulous, I had to take a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment