Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanks to Give!

Today the Smith family dined with the Hunter clan in Orem, Utah. In exchange for 8 dozen rolls and some honey butter, we were able to eat at a truly wonderful feast with some amazing people.  Tonight, during our family prayer wrap up for the night, I asked each of my loved ones to share 1 thing they are truly grateful for.

Here is the list:

Cricket- our lovely dog
Our brains- "because they are amazing things that we need"
That Ryan Edward Smith is done with chemo/ radiation
Athena- Our Greek box turtle
Time- every second is a gift
Family- so many lovely relatives, too many miles in-between all of us
Our fish- Elvis and Angel, I'm so glad I'm not a fish.

My favorite is that all of the above mentioned are things that won't be on sale tomorrow for Black Friday. Especially not our brains. Not listed, but infinitely important is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news that He lives, that we can return to our Heavenly parents.



The table was massive and filled with totally delicious food.  
Thanksgiving was delightful and in keeping with the holiday tradition...



I over-ate and enjoyed every bite of it!



The pies were fabulous! I wasn't sure which one to try, so I sampled each one. Not pictured was the coconut cream pie, which was also mighty tasty.



This was what remained of the rolls, my contribution.  As far as Thanksgiving goodies go, it is way better to have leftovers, than to have rightunders.



One of my friend's sisters even planned a service project for the day.
Its a ring that has different shapes and colors, all designed to be used as a teaching tool for refugees entering Utah, that don't speak any English.  It covers the basics of color and shape. It was an impressive lesson of the reality that there are countless ways to help others. All it takes is a little creativity, and inspiration. "First observe, then serve." Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the service project! Mom had us make 80 hygiene kits. We must be surrounded by amazing women! It took me a bit to catch the "rightunders"!

    ReplyDelete