Sunday, November 2, 2014

Annie Joy, our 9 year old!

Annie Joy Smith turned 9 today. Which makes today epic. Owen also turned 6 1/2 today, because they are exactly 2 1/2 years apart, tricky mom.  This zany girl is so intense, so dedicated, so motivated, goal oriented, and all-around driven, that i predict that she will either be the President of the US, a doctor, or an assassin (or all three... at the same time!) Annie Joy, a.k.a., *the* daughter, fills my heart with love and my veins with adrenaline.  I can barely keep up, but am so glad for the adventure.  Annie is amazing, and I'm so blessed and grateful to call her my daughter.  And as I've told her before, we try to be fair in this family: half for the boys (the 5 boys in my home) and half for the girls (the two of us.) Clearly, we ladies win in this equation.  Happy 9th Birthday, Annie Joy!



Bright and early, opening gifts.



Annie putting her gum balls into her new gum ball machine. Thanks Simon!



Breafast for dinner meant a delicious buttermilk birthday waffle.  This picture doesn't look like it, but there really are 9 candles on this cake.



Mmmm, sausage, scrambled eggs with cheese, cranberry relish and whipped cream.
I love my pretty kitty (which was her nickname as wee lass.)



Getting older!



I hope all your wishes and dreams come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment