Sunday, November 9, 2014

Potatoes

On this lovely Sunday, when the majority of my time is spent hanging out with my family (not counting the three hours that we attend our church services), eating together is one of the highlites of my Sunday worship. Tonight my Si-guy said our goodnight family prayer and expressed gratitude to God for the air that we breathe, for the gourd that we walk on, and for the food that we get to eat. Amen, my son!  As the holiday devoted solely to gratitude approaches, on Sunday where we hang out in the kitchen whilst I prepare delicious, often nutritious food , I am reminded of my bounty.  Of the gift of butter and milk and sugar and boiled eggs and salmon and garlic mashed potatoes... I wish I could share each of these dishes with all those who are around the world, hungry for both crazy good food and thirsty for the living water that Christ offers.  I'm working on.



Sesame salmon. 



Spudnuts (doughnuts made with potatoes) were on the list of tasty treats for the night.  Calvin preferred the orange glazed doughnuts, but I found myself leaning toward the cinnamon sugar option,,, decisions!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment