Friday, March 1, 2013

Practice Exam

I was nervous about today.  We had a practice exam in the kitchen, where we were supposed to have a killer time plan ( a detailed outline of when to do what to get the dish out on time.) We were also required to have our dish plated up and ready to go within a very short window of time.  Presentation mattered. No talking allowed in the kitchen.  All in all it went very well. First of all, we had quite a bit of time to get our dish ready. Second of all, I prayed for success and really did feel the peace that only God can send when you are trying your best.  Third, I reviewed the list of what needed to be done several times, so I was prepared.  Fourth, I have some very kind, friendly class mates that really make attending school a pleasure. And lastly, I was meant to be a chef. I absolutely love cooking.  I love wearing my uniform.  I love the different colored cutting boards.  I love preparing delicious, occasionally nutritious food for people.  I love sifting flour and weighing butter. I was born to be a chef, the same way I was born to be a smokin' hot wife, and a mom, and a twin.  I am grateful today went so well, and can't believe that I have only 3 weeks of school left.



My practice exam dish: Marinated Venison with Root Mash and Green Beans.



This afternoon's dem was a wine tasting.  Should I stay or should I go? 
As many of you know I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We don't drink alcohol.  I decided to stay just to increase my knowledge of something that I know so very little about, but I didn't taste a drop of the crazy expensive bottles holding fancy grape juice.  They dealt it, and I just smelt it.  I know more now about wine than I did 8 hours ago. Knowledge is power.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! Living the dream lady living the dream.

    ReplyDelete