Monday, March 11, 2013

Easter FHE

With only three family home evenings till Easter, we wanted to make sure that our kids remembered the real reason for the Easter season. So tonight our family watched several short video clips about the life of Jesus Christ, including the last supper, the Garden of Gethsemane, the trial, crucifixion and the glorious resurrection.  There are a great deal many things that I do not yet understand about the gospel, but I know that Jesus Christ has made it possible for me to repent and to experience joy and happiness here on earth, and the chance to live again with my Heavenly Parents.  Yes, we will certainly dye Easter eggs.  Yes, I will hide them. Yes, we will have Easter baskets. No, we will not have plastic grass in the baskets (Ryan hates the mess, and I love Ryan, and that is not a hill I am willing to die on.) But tonight, I so enjoyed setting the Easter Bunny aside to really appreciate and ponder what my older brother, Jesus Christ, did for me, almost 2000 years ago. And it still affects me today. 10 points to Ryan for planning tonight's Family Home Evening. Only 5 points for Owen who fell asleep halfway through.



Be cool and click on the link below to watch the 7 minute clip, and change your life.

http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/he-is-risen?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. Great video, the best story that was ever told. No grass I can get on board with that.

    ReplyDelete