Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bed TIme Traditions

I remember reading the book "Sleepy Dog" to my kids at bedtime. A lot.  In fact, if I had the energy I could type out the words to the entire book.  Reading bedtime books to little people has always been a favorite time of mine. Now that my kids are a little older, bedtime reading is a combination of kids reading to me, me reading to kids, or kids reading their own books to themselves.  We usually end the night with personal scripture study, where they each read form the Book of Mormon.  My daughter randomly flipped to a page tonight and read this verse out loud to me, found on page 59, also referenced as 2 Nephi 2: 24:

"But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."

It is such a comfort to know that God has a master plan, that He is in charge, and that because He is perfect and all knowing, things are as they should be.  I love it when I read scripture and I am struggling or having a tough time and Heavenly Father sends me a verse that touches my heart. 10 points to Annie for bringing this little gem to me tonight.  When we want to speak to God, we pray.  When we want God to speak to us, we read scriptures.



"Time for bed, sleepy head. Sleepy, sleepy, up to bed..."



A companion to the Holy Bible. Another testament of Jesus Christ.  



No comments:

Post a Comment