Saturday, March 2, 2013

Holyrood Park and McDonalds

I know that McDonalds is El Diablo, but I still needed to go grocery shopping, was looking for some cheap fast food, with an actual drive-through so I wouldn't have to find street parking, so I succumbed. 40 piece nuggets with some cheeseburgers, chips (french fries) and some Iron Bru (Scottish soft drink) and we were off to Arthur's Seat as today was absolutely gorgeous; super sunny and warm.  Sadly, McDonalds has been with us for a few meals in Scotland now, even rearing it's ugly head on Christmas Eve, when we were gridlocked on the freeway for over 2 hours, attempting to take the next exit, just 1 mile away. Sigh.  Pondering the dichotomy of eating the most processed unhealthy food in the world whilst sitting on a grassy hill, breathing in the crisp, clean, fresh air in one of the most beautiful, natural settings in the world, I was seriously beginning to feel like a lame mom. I popped a few fries in my mouth to comfort myself. Then, as I looked up I saw this cute family of three, hiking up to another lovely picnic location, very close to ours. Upon closer inspection, it looked like they had opted for the Big Macs, and not the nuggets, and they had super-sized their fizzy drinks... Shame on them!


Eating garbage on Pratt's Hill (Arthur's Seat)



A view of Edinburgh Castle from our hike with Annie, Simon and Calvin




Nature's Playground



Isn't it cute how Preston is holding Owen on that dangerously steep cliff?



Looked a lot like "The Cliffs of Insanity."



Preston, perched on a ledge.  Doesn't it look sunny out? It was!



Superman, cause it's not easy to be Cal.



Simon - Take a picture of me. I want to look like I'm sleeping.
Mom - That's a great idea.



Annie an Owen, best friends forever!

* Dad's in DC, saving the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment