Friday, March 22, 2013

Last Day of Class

Lobster Thermidor.  That is what we made for our going away lunch, along with chips (french fries), bernaise sauce, meringues, cookies, peanut butter fudge, lemon tarts, and honey mustard salad.  It was simply delicious.  After eating, we received our graduation certificates. It is official.  I have been to cookery school, have successfully passed my course, and am now Lindsey Joy Smith, Chef Extraordinary (but it doesn't say all that on my certificate.)  My elaborate game plan is to cherish the time I have remaining in Scotland with my family, to take life one day at a time, and to try my best to keep the commandments, and to teach culinary classes when I return to Utah.  What a blessing food is in my life.  I love sharing my edible joy with those around me, and cant wait to return home to pig out with friends and family.



The moment I recieved my certificate. Priceless. I'm shaking hands with the principal and owner of Edinburgh New Town Cookery School, Fiona Burrell.



The lunch. 



Happy cooked lobster.



The class and instructors.  What a good looking group we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment