Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dirty Pants


When class ended, my arms were too full to carry all of my stuff back to my locker, so I dressed in my regular clothes and headed back into the kitchen to grab the food I was bringing home.  When I entered one of the instructors commented how strange it was to see us out of our chefs uniforms.  Well, I was wearing a skirt today (feeling un-necessarily fancy) so I explained that I was in a skirt today since all of my pants are dirty.  She got a funny look on her face and started laughing. She couldn't stop. I was puzzled a bit, till I finally remembered that here in Scotland "pants" refer to "underwear." I had just told my teacher that all of my underwear were dirty, so I was wearing a SKIRT, of all things.  GROSS! I shouted "trousers! My Trousers are dirty!  I have plenty of fresh clean pants at home.  I'm wearing clean pants right now!" How awkward and embarrassing, for both of us!  We couldn't stop laughing. And of course, as I walked to the bus, I remembered that I had carried on a similar conversation with a fellow student this morning as we were walking up to a the changing rooms... a male student... in his mid twenties.  How awful!  For the record Tom, I washed a load of trousers tonight, and I plan on wearing them, along with some clean pants tomorrow.



Thai Fish Cakes for lunch. Yum!



I made the Pad Thai. Isn't it pretty?!


Sweet Corn Cakes.  Crispy and delicious.



Tasty Thai Soup.  We had a collaborative Thai themed lunch.  I love group lunches and they love me.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Oh Lindsey Smith I love you. You crack me up! And I must say I am glad you had clean underwear on under that skirt. How uncomfortable would it be without it? That food looks delicious as well. I can't wait for you to come back in a few months, but I also can't wait to try all the delicious food you will be making. Don't be surprised if I show up at your house unexpected around dinner time occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Now that food today looks absolutely amazing! I think there are a lot of us in the neighborhood that are thinking that we to show up occasionally at dinner time, when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Lindsey you always bring a smile to my face. Tonight you were a much enjoyed topic for dinner. Thank you.

    The comment was made that Scots "forget" "pants" under their kilts. You were just assimilating into Scottish tradition. ;)

    ReplyDelete