Saturday, March 16, 2013

Art Class

Five very lucky children have a Dad who decided to start a Saturday art class.  *Ryan is crazy artistic, has taken years of drawing courses, is a teacher by trade, and wanted to spend some more meaningful time with the kids.  Thus art class was born.  As luck would also have it, our rental actually came with an art room (which we had been using as a bedroom, but the kids wanted to mix it up, so they are playing musical beds at the moment.) The best part of all is that since Ryan is an architecture professor, the class will count towards college credit!



Calvin, Owen, Simon and Annie holding up their new, personalized art bags. They now have a place to put their art supplies. Preston was down getting the cookies I was making for their after class snack.



Annie Joy in pink sponge rollers.  I fondly remember my very own mother putting my hair in rollers so that it would be curly and lovely for church.  I am sure that she is going to look fantastic during tomorrow's Sunday services.  I love going to church.



A video of them explaining the genius behind the designs for their bags. Hope it loads if you click it.

* Ryan has many talents, the least of which are his art skills. I am very glad that I married him almost 15 years ago, and I hope that my kids will look to their Dad to see his example of what an excellent father, husband, friend and man of God looks like. True that.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Every home should have an art studio. An art teacher would be a big bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not let my kids read this, art class and cookies, your killing me!

    ReplyDelete