Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Tallest in the Family

I guess it was a tender mercy that I didn't do a height check prior to Ryan's birthday.  He was able to celebrate his last birthday with the calm assurance that he was the King of the Castle and had the height to remind us all.  Whilst we are discussing height, I had always planned on marrying a lad who was between the height of 5'9" - 5'11".  That seemed tall enough that our future children wouldn't hate us, but still short enough that I could steal a kiss now and then.  Ryan is 5'10". Well... The castle crumbled tonight, and the Tall Paul of the family is now my 13 1/2 year old-man cub, Preston Edward Albert Smith.  He has Ryan by at least 1/2 inch, and I doubt he has finished his growing.  I remember when he was just a wee noodle... When we moved into our ward, they thought he was 16.


This sweater has to be good looking on some continent, somewhere, somehow.  Preston bought it with his own allowance, full price, with his parents and even the checker giving it a thumbs down. His High School friends apparently all give this sweater a thumbs up.  May he use that same courage and conviction to choose the right when the storms of adversity cloud up his skies.  At least he'll have a sweater. 

4 comments:

  1. The tallest in our family is also the youngest. And our dad is no shortie.
    I wonder if the sweater is Neville Longbottom-inspired fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job growing, Preston! Nice sweater :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember when that wee lad was a brand new spanking baby. my how he has grown!!!! you have a great bunch of kids lindsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man cub...that is hillarious! I love that he bought it any way, that is Preston, self confident. What a great guy!

    ReplyDelete