Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Butter Makes it Better

I am fairly confidant that half of the operating cost of the school can be attributed to the vast quantities of butter that we use in almost every dish that we prepare.  Today we played with hollandaise sauces, which has loads of butter. They use the term "knob of butter" to refer to a small cube, like 1/2 inch cube of butter.  A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Things went as well as could be hoped for, with plenty of room for improvement.  Basically, it was fantastic! I couldn't stop grinning the entire morning, and the entire afternoon I wanted a nap.  Kitchens are hot, and standing on my feet all day is not something I am accustomed to... all those afternoons lying on the couch while Owen feeds me grapes.  I'm just trying to get through the week without crying, and without gaining 7 pounds, or half a stone (a unit of weight used here.) I promise pictures tomorrow, we are having some camera technical difficulties. 

1 comment:

  1. Man the language barrier for simple things would be so tough, an ocean away really does change the language!!!

    ReplyDelete