Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Dad

Happy Birthday to my Father, John Albert Holman!  I used to love to listen to him tell stories of his youth, his duck, his nutsy cousin (also named John), his practical joke during prom (taking his dates to a drive through, ordering an obscene ammount, and then just driving off, without picking up the order or paying, all pr-arranged with the fast food restaurant) That's just good stuff.  I thought my dad was exotic for having lived in Scotland and loved the stories about his mission.  It was strange to think of my Dad ever being anyone or anything than a dad, like trying to picture a teacher leaving school on the weekends.  I still play the abbreviation game, B.I.I.F. (Because it is fun.) My favorite Dad quote "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush." I love living here in Edinburgh because even though I am still very far away from extended family, I think often of my father and it makes me feel closer. Yeah Dad!


Aren't we good looking?!
Dad, Mom, Hillary, John, Lesley and Me.
Taken at our Captain America 4th of July Reunion in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! He is a great father, always attending whatever activity we were doing, you would of thought we were amazing with the amount of attention he gave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss your family too. hugs and loves to you!!

    ReplyDelete