Monday, January 28, 2013

Feast

I ripped the bandaid (or plaster) today and gave one of my instructors my book FEAST.  The pros are obvious: it's totally funny, filled with food stories, and really lets her in on the "real me."  The downsides are also obvious; my stories are silly, my recipes are probably (technically) rubbish, and it might not be in my benefit to have her know the "real me." Anywhoo, I did it, and threw in a Book of Mormon to boot, simply because my book quotes it all over the place. If I could only give away one book in the world to anyone, the Book of Mormon would be at the top of the list.  She vowed to read it tonight, my book Feast that is, but I'm not holding her to it. I can not express my gratitude properly for my instructors. I am a short, silly American who struggles with the accent, the kitchen terms, the metric system, the British terms for food, and my large family is constantly on my mind.  Basically, I am sure that I am taking more of my fair share of classroom attention than I deserve, and I hope and pray that my gifts of literature will be a blessing to her.  One instructor down, three more to go.



Found this on google image when I typed my name in the search box.  It was taken at Dicks market during a recipe contest where I won the bronze with my Beehive Bundt. 
The front cover of my book, still available on Amazon!

4 comments:

  1. A most brilliant idea! High 5! Awesome photo too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah agreed on the photo. Great specs Linds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo, you are truly awesome on so many levels..

    ReplyDelete