Saturday, January 12, 2013

Blackness Castle

Yeah Saturday!  With Ryan being in D.C. Sunday-Weds, and me starting cookery school, we haven't had as much family fun this week as usual.  So off to a castle we went to get in some quality family togetherness.  Some castles like Edinburgh and Sterling have really fancy museum-ish displays, and others like the Blackness Castle we visited today lack the whistles and bells, but I really love their simplicity.  Today's gem was on the Firth of Forth, just to the West of Edinburgh.  



Owen posing like a seal on a castle barricade.


The dining room.  I want a table like this one that seats 20.



Happy Simon at the top of the castle.
 


Annie photo bombing Simon's picture.


Annie and I cuddling.  It was very cold and breezy at the top of the castle.


Preston and I, attempting an epic shot.



Calvin and Owen.


Calvin.


Preston.

1 comment: