Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beef Wellington Day!

Occasionally, when you least expect it, things go exactly as you had hoped they would go.  January 15th might forever be remembered as Beef Wellington Day.  Beef Wellington is made of perfectly cooked steak, spread with chicken pate, layered with deliciously seasoned mushrooms and shallots, all wrapped in puff pastry that has undergone at least 5 rolls and folds, cooked to perfection in an oven. The potential for disaster was great, thus making my delicious victory all the more triumphant.  I am in my second week of school.  If I can gage the rest of my education on last week, then I will be working 50+ hours a week, and will be praying about 5 times more than I ever have.  What a blessing, a dream come true, sometimes a nightmare, and a high calorie feast all rolled into one.  Trying to ride the wave and savor every moment.

This is some random picture that I found of Beef Wellington.  I totally forgot to take a shot before I presented it to be judged, but mine looked way better than this.  True.

2 comments:

  1. Family reunions just got a whole lot tastier....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you'll stop by my house to cook me up some delicious food! youre a ROCK STAR!!

    ReplyDelete