Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fish Feast

The remainder of this week is apparently going to be a fish party.  Today i got the privilege of boning both a flat (sole) and round (mullet) fish.  Three cheers for the bendy filleting knife that helped me finish the job, though not without having to wear the badge of shame, known as the bright blue kitchen plaster (bandaid.) I just nicked my thumb about 1 mm, which was virtually painless, and as close to a tiny scratch as they come.  I pressed on, and finished my dishes on time, and with a smile.  

Red mullet with turned potatoes and a fish sauce.  Not the easiest fish to bone.  


Lemon sole with fried cucumber. The sole was delightful.  I don't believe in my heart that cucumber is intended to be fried.  95% of the recipes that we make are given to us, and we prepare as written.  

2 comments:

  1. I have never had a vegetable that I didn't like fried, but then again I don't think my taste buds are as developed as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lemon sole looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! not sure about the cucumbers though. how were they??? oh man, MasterCHef is calling your name!!!

    ReplyDelete