Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cooking Up a Storm

Today, though the Sabbath, was not a day of rest.  We kicked off the morning by having a visiting teaching breakfast brunch with 20: pancakes, potato casserole quiche, bananas and juice, and a lovely message on sharing the gospel.  Off to church where Calvin spoke in Primary and Preston spoke in sacrament meeting, and I visited each organization to discuss the new cleaning schedule rotation (who doesn't want to hear about specifics on cleaning toilets!?) We capped up the night by having the missionaries over for dinner, and Ryan rushing off to home teach.  No rest, but a wonderful day, none the less.


Preston and Calvin playing chess in Preston's room.  Preston has hardwood floors and his bed has wheels so basically his furniture is always in a new position.  Who doesn't love a sink in their room. 



Two little monkeys jumping on the bed.  Annie and Owen are BFF's.



Simon and Waldo with Spiderman slippers. Cool kid.



Pate sucree for dessert with the missionaries.  Yum yum.

2 comments:

  1. Lins...
    I love reading your blog and hearing about your grand adventures! I was 8 when my family spent a year in a London flat while my dad was on fellowship at Oxford. I wax nostalgic when I read your posts and I think your kids are so blessed! This will be a formative experience of their lifetimes! Best wishes at the cookery... you are missed here! P.S. Tell Calvin that he is legendary at Muir.... I started the Math and Science olympiad unit in SEM last week and a new fourth grader asked if it was true that Calvin Smith had built the strongest brigde in the district's history! Love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for passing on the Calvin story. I can't wait to show your post to him when he wakes up. We really do feel blessed to be here. We have our ups and downs, but overall, we are having an unforgettable experience, and look forward to Fall back in Utah!

      Delete