Friday, January 11, 2013

Pastry Party!

Just goes to show what 6 hours of working in a cold (pastry likes to be prepped in the cold) and hot (they like to be cooked at high temps) kitchen can do.  Pastry magic.



Gateau Pithiviers - like thick, melted marzipan in puff pastry. I caused a little fire in the broiler with my grease proof paper catching, but no one noticed and the danger was worth the results.



No, they didn't have platters available for this so it is squeezed onto the plate, but isn't it pretty?!  The pastry is a pate pate, made into a flat ham pie.  Like a gourmet hot pocket filled with ham, chicken, cheddar and parmesan, bread crumbs, sour cream garlic, chives, pepper and lemon juice. High fat, high calorie, high satisfaction!


This is my pate sucree pastry made into a chocolate ganache berry tart.  It is berry delicious!



All the students have identical knives, so we are told to mark them so that they don't get mixed up or accidentally permanently borrowed. Oddly enough, nail polish is the suggested method of labeling.  Lucky for me, Annie has some orange nail polish, and she was in the mood to share.  Notice the FüD Feud design?  What fun.  Good day. I am so very glad that the week end is here.  I miss my children, and being a mom.

1 comment:

  1. How in the heck did you get the Food Feud logo on that, they are so tiny!! I love them1 I really wish I could sample all of these delights just like the good old days!

    ReplyDelete