Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bouillabaisse - I love that word.

Fish Day Again.  

Bouillabaisse with Rouille, declared the best in the class.  Good times.


Butterflied Sardines with Pine nut and Feta Stuffing and Parsley and Caper Salad. It is not easy to stuff sardines because they are small and have very soft flesh, which tears easily.  


Pan Fried Salmon Noisette with Lemon and Dill Hollandaise.  My right arm is now totally buff from whisking batch after batch of hollandaise since I started the course.


Pollock with Romesco Crust (dried peppers, bread crumbs and toasted almonds, etc... so yummy.) and sautéed potatoes.

At first I thought I would walk to and from school.  But it takes just shy of an hour each way, so I now ride the Lothian Bus to and from school.  It takes about 25 minutes each way, which gives me time to read the Book of Mormon.  I have had gospel conversations (some quite lengthy) with both the instructors and other students every single day since school began.  Reading the scriptures helps me keep things in perspective, reminds me of what really matters, and clears my mind before entering the battle ground of the kitchen.  One of my favorite parts of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! How fun to learn how to make all of that lovely food! My mouth waters every time I read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to love riding the bus for the same reason! Are bus people in Scotland as colorful as in Tucson?

    ReplyDelete