Saturday, January 26, 2013

Busy Saturday Adventure

Lindsey was interning at the Cookery School today, so I had the kids.  In true "Disneyland Dad" fashion, I was the coolest Pop ever and took them out to eat, to a park, to a castle, and to a sweet shop.  It does not get any better than that.  I suppose it does get better than that when Lindsey Joy is with us.  I had moments of joy, pain, fear trying to track 5 wee ones whilst taking photos and watching them scale stone walls and play at parks.  With Lindsey being a full-time student, it has made me so much more appreciative of what she does everyday to manage schedules, food, house, etc.  I was somewhere between strangling them and hugging them all day.  I did get to end the day however with my love on a date with a few other couples here from the states.  Among the banter on BYU, Utah sports, and talk of what we miss about the US - I could see my wife fading.  She is putting all her heart and soul into this education and ending each day exhausted.  I respect her for going after her dream, and am sorry it took me so long to make the space for her to do it.  Thankfully, tomorrow is the sabbath, a day of worship at church with fellow members of the church, family time, and sharing the gospel with the missionaries and those interested in the church at our house.


I dropped Lindsey off to intern today at the Cookery School as an assistant instructor for a short class at the school for beginners.  She usually takes the bus, but since it is Saturday and I wanted to see the inside of the school, she invited me to drive her.


The kids in front of the castle gate.


Kids on ruins in the cellar of the castle.


Simon in front of one of the towers.


Kids scaling the bank of the castle wall.  So dangerously endearing.


This dish swing was a hit!  I have never seen such a thing in the states.


Preston, Cal and Simon in the sweet shop.  My favorite are the toffee bonbons.  They melt in your mouth and I eat them until I am sick!


Outside "HolliPOP" the sweet shop close to our house.  It is next door to Preston's school and he goes here after lunch for a treat.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! The year of 2013 will go down as one of the best Smith years for sure!

    ReplyDelete