Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Souffle Success!

Finally!  With a lot of effort and a pinch of luck and a good dose of prayer, with a tsp of miracle... I made the perfect souffle.  It was a rhubarb souffle, to be exact, which was surprisingly delicious.  I have never cooked with rhubarb in my life, so the challenge of working with a new ingredient, and attempting a dish that is known to be tricky (souffles) I was just tickled pink to have it turn out beautifully.  Souffles, when properly cooked, are actually supposed to be a tad runny in the middle.  They are also supposed to raise a few inches above the ramekin, and they shouldn't fall,even though slightly undercooked.  Rhubarb is naturally quite tart, so I used some caster sugar and some stem ginger syrup to sweeten it up.  Other dishes were made today, but none gave me such satisfaction and relief as my souffle.  It was a real answer to prayers.


Now this is just silly.  I took a picture of the rhubarb simmering on the hob because I thought the color was just so lovely.  But I totally forgot to take a picture of the actual souffle.  I guess you'll just have to take my word for.  It really was very beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for a successful Souffle! I love rhubarb, my mom makes wonderful rhubarb pies and bar cookies. I however have never made anything with the stuff, but now that I have overcome my fear of making pies, I think I will have to try a rhubarb pie of my own.

    ReplyDelete