Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hazelnuts = Heaven

Today was meringue day.  I made a French meringue with a raspberry coulis and whipped cream, and a Swiss meringue (way better than French) with a lemon syllabub.  It went very well, thanks to many prayers, and I have just finished 2 hours of homework so I am off to bed.  Someone fainted on the second day of school because she cut herself.  I forgot to mention that.  So glad it wasn't me, and that the gal recovered quickly. Though meringue's aren't my favorite dessert, it's pretty hard to argue with one that has roasted hazelnuts.  


Swiss Meringue with Lemon Syllabub.


French Hazelnut Meringue with Raspberry Coulis and whipped cream.  It's actually two layers, which this picture doesn't show at all.   I should have taken a side shot as well.  Ah, Hazelnuts! 

2 comments:

  1. Yummers! Poor girl she is bound to cut herself again if she works in a kitchen, how do you overcome that?

    ReplyDelete