Friday, November 9, 2012

Urban Date

After spending the entire day at home, Ryan and I decided it was time for a little date night.  The weather, though chilly, hasn't been raining much so we opted for a real urban date.  We walked the half a mile to the fringe of the city center and checked out a local chocolatier/cafe S. Luca.  It was adorable and delicious.  I really just enjoyed spending time with my husband and didn't even mind when he slipped off his shoe and rubbed his damp sock against my leg, like Kip on Napoleon Dynamite. Guess that makes me LaFawnda.  After drinking up rich hot chocolate with thick whipped cream, we headed over to the corner Tesco Metro and grabbed some eggs and milk, since our extra large fridge (crazy small American) can hold 1 gallon of milk and about a dozen eggs.  Incidentally, the eggs in any given package vary in weight and size.  We walked home and I held the eggs, Ryan held the milk, we both held each other in our hearts. We're keeping the dream alive.



It's hard to argue with delicious rows of tasty chocolates.  They even had some shaped like Santa Clause, bears and mice. There is an upstairs loft area where you can sit and take a load off.


Another shot of the main counter with all of it's goodies.  I am confident that I will be walking to this place often. Here is a link to their website, just for fun: http://www.s-luca.co.uk/


1 comment: