Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family Tradition

I love Sundays.  I love getting everyone dolled up. I love church (I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Mormons.)  I love hearing people open up their hearts and tell about their struggles, but how they are able to overcome because of strength they receive from God, or from answers to prayers, or through the Atonement and their ability to repent.  I love it when a particular passage of scripture speaks to me, and lets me know things will be okay, or when a comment is made that reminds me I need to step up my game.  Going to church is our family tradition.  Some family's eat lasagna on Christmas Eve, or watch every Star Wars movie over Thanksgiving break.  Some go to Disney in the Spring.  Others eat pizza every Friday night or sing a certain song as they approach their family cabin.  These are all fantastic, and many of my rockstar friends and family are able to juggle many balls, but I can barely get my family to brush their teeth daily.  On the bright side though, If I could only have a few family traditions, attending church together would be at the top, next to family prayer, family meal time, family scripture study, and living in peace and harmony by not fighting or quarreling and sharing and keeping the golden rule and being honest and kind and forthright, and obedient and brave and thrifty and grateful. That's it.

The Holm family and Missionaries from our church that came over for dinner: Asian lettuce wraps, with popcorn balls for dessert.  I love me a good popcorn ball.

The one and only decoration that came with us from the States.  Thanks mom for the turkey.  Curious to find out if I can find a turkey to cook up for Thanksgiving.  Living away from the USA reminds me of the great many blessings that we Americans enjoy. Say a prayer and rock the vote! 

No comments:

Post a Comment