Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Smell of Edinburgh

Every time I drop Owen off for pre-school, he tells me that he is hungry and wants a bowl of cereal. This is because for some strange reason, the entire area smells like a giant bowl of Cheerios. Today I asked one of his nursery teachers about the odor. (Pre-school is called nursery school here.) She laughed and explained that what I am smelling is the "true smell of Edinburgh," the brewery where beer is made, and a distillery, where Scotch Whisky is made.  It really does smell like Cheerios, though.


I have never drunk alcohol (religiously), so I can't compare it to cereal, but I sure like the taste of Honey Nut Cheerios.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have my neighborhood smell like cheerios, luckily we had a new restaurant move to the corner called "Brush Fire Grill" and now our place always smells like barbecue, loving that!

    ReplyDelete