Thursday, November 22, 2012

35 POUND TURKEY!!!!!

Happy Thanks giving my fellow Americans!  On this lovely day we had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.  Ryan and the kids didn't have work school off so we are celebrating our day of thanks on Sunday.  In total we will have 23 people for our gathering, and today was the day that I absolutely needed to find a turkey.  I had tried to locate one earlier this week, and had asked around, but was told that all the big turkeys wouldn't be available until a week before Christmas.  Not good news at all.  The store where I usually shop (ASDA) only had small, little, puny turkeys.  Costco also had small, sad little turkeys, but at a higher cost.  As I finished my shop, I got a very real clear prompting to go to a specific store that I had never been to before, and I knew I needed to get there in haste. I followed my impression and went into the store.  An employee told me that he doubted that they had any turkeys, but pointed me to the freezer section where they might be.  As I scanned the area, I once again located the small wee turkeys, and then saw it: the turkey that Scrooge bought for Bob Cratchit's family, 35 pounds. I almost started crying, feeling so loved and cared for by my Heavenly Father for sending me to Sainsbury's on Thanksgiving Day.   I bought it on the spot. So many things to be thankful for, including a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.  Eat yourselves silly.

Isn't it lovely?! I had to remove a shelf in my minuscule fridge just to fit it inside.  My 35 pound turkey cost $55.78 (please don't tell Ryan) and weighs 21.5 pounds... you didn't think the turkey actually weighed 35 pounds, did you? It cost 35 pounds, and will be worth every penny/pence. 

Annie and I were looking a bit shaggy, so I cut both of our fringe (bangs) today.  Don't we match!

Simon Smith ready for bed.

Preston cuddling with Owen in his bed.  What a good big brother.

Calvin posing for the picture, but reading his scriptures for real.  10 points for Polworth (his school  house name. I used to say 10 points for Gryffindore, but since they actually belong to a house I now offer fake points to their real house instead.)


5 comments:

  1. That's great you found a turkey!! Yay! There will always be a large party in the works where ever the Smiths are in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome prompting, man I still use Potter House names wish they really belonged to houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you found a turkey. That is a great lesson that will be used for years to come. Your kids are awesome. I want my kids to belong to school houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your updates! Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your posts. What a great blessing and prompting for you! Keep up the good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete