Thursday, November 8, 2012

Morningside Library


Almost a mile away from our house is our local library.  Having a free morning Owen and I decided it was time to get our library cards. It was kind of chilly and a little windy, but Owen and I made the trek. I told him we were taking the short cut (which was true, even though it still felt like we had been walking for quite some time) but he liked the idea.  We have about six children's books that we packed from home: The Foot Book, Ten Apples up on Top, The Magic Spring and Oragami Yoda Series. We're done reading about left and right feet.  I was able to get cards for all the kids, even Owen, and we can check out 12 items per card.  The librarian  was excited as she thought this was lots of items to borrow, but in Bountiful the limit is 25 items.  It doesn't really matter. The kids section is about 1/10 the size of the library back home.  They had about 20 DVD's to choose from, and you have to pay to check out the adult movies, which seems very un-library like. It doesn't smell like an old library though, which is not something the Bountiful library brag about. Getting settled in we are.

Lovely moldings in the library.  It's in a very old building. Check out the skylight. Wowsers.

Quote on the library wall, right above the checkout.  If I were a book, I would want to rhyme. Because rhymes are cool. Or I'de be the Book of Mormon, because it changes lives.

2 comments:

  1. That is the coolest skylight. I think you should make your poem into vinyl.

    ReplyDelete