Monday, November 19, 2012

Feeling Peckish?

Today I was able to do a little bit of Visiting Teaching (a program in the Mormon church where women go in pairs to visit/ hang out/ help/ teach each other by assignment, assuring that everyone is looked after.) I arrived at a sister's home for a visit (we call members of the church "brother" or "sister" because we are all God's children.) She has the most amazing view of Edinburgh.  As we removed our coats she asked if we were feeling peckish. I didn't know how to respond because I'm not yet fluent in Edinburgh lingo, but my friend replied that she had a very light breakfast and would love a treat.  We were brought over to a table that had a cheese platter, a meat platter, a basket of a variety of bread rolls, hummus, and flat bread crackers, and juice.  Mercy. I have always loved visiting teaching, but today my testimony of this great program was certainly increased when I showed up to a delicious, complete, unexpected full meal.  I'm a bit like a man that way, the way to my heart is through my stomach.


Ryan's Idea. The contest.  Which piece of toast tastes better?  The slice spread in Nutella, or the slice spread in Cadberry Chocolate Cream Cheese. A blind taste test.

Though both spreads have their strengths, the depth of flavor found in the hazelnut chocolate spread of Nutella was the clear winner over the candy-sweet flavor of the chocolate cream cheese. Now we all know. 


Reading with the kids just before bedtime.  A favorite time for all of us.


2 comments:

  1. I think I will start asking people if they are peckish. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is visiting teaching! Love the mom reading to kids photo, especially O's smirk.

    ReplyDelete