Thursday, November 15, 2012

Keeping the Green Alive

As the mother of five squirrely kids, I feel like most of the time I have my hands full. When I don't feel like I have my hands full, it is usually when one of them is off somewhere, up to no good, and that my hands should have been full to prevent them from their scheme.  I was, therefore,  taken by surprise when we moved in to our full furnished rental, to discover TEN other living, breathing, creatures.  I am now a foster mom to several different species of plants.  It will be a total miracle if they survive our stay here. The good news is that my children enjoy watering them and the oxygen they give off surely must have some health benefits. 

Two plants in my front room. I don't know what kinds of plants they are.


This is a poinsettia.  I don't think it looks too good.


Here are three more plants.  I also don't know what kind they are.


Two more plants in the guest bathroom. Love the lavender paint color.  Don't know what kind they are.


Kitchen plant.  I like this one the best even though it keeps dropping red petals all over the place. 


Plant in my bedroom with a few pink/purple flowers on the edge. Don't know what kind it is.

1 comment: