Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stirling Castle, Scotland, UK, Earth

Road trip! Well, more like a one hour drive to Stirling, Scotland.  Below you will find pictures of the Smiths in Stirling that will blow your mind, and convince you that you really should ditch buying Christmas gifts this year and throw every spare cent into that Scottish Uk trip you have always fantasized about. For souvenirs, Calvin, Simon and Owen got swords in sheaths, Annie got a wooden bow with suction-cup-tipped arrows, and Preston got accidentally kicked in the face by a sibling. Them's the breaks.

"The Falcon" restaurant in Stirling.  You know you are in an authentic Scottish restaurant when the carpet is plaid.

The condiments at the table.  Brown sauce is like thick worcestershire sauce. Salad cream tastes like miracle whip with mustard.

Plenty of chips.  Didn't realize there were so many of us in stripes until I saw this pic.


The view from Stirling Castle.  The tower to the left on the hill is the WIlliam Wallace monument.


They had dress up in the castle!  I just tried to look natural, like a queen pondering my kingdom. Clearly it worked.

Owen!  Love that boy and his cheesy grin.


I really think the hat completes Preston's whole ensemble.


Simon loved this jacket. He loves the color green.


Calvin striking a royal pose.


Sitting in the royal thrones. 


Seems very Lady Hawk-ish.  I love that movie.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! I wish our Christmas present budget equaled that of taking a trip to Scotland! I'd do it in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to come. I am not sure our Christmas budget even covers on flight.

    ReplyDelete