Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Golden Arches

If there is one thing Scotts love, it is potatoes.  Jacket potatoes, chips (fries), crisps (chips), tatties, etc. In fact, when we ordered a pizza the other night from Dominoes (they have one in Edinburgh!), the family deal came with two medium pizzas, breadsticks, 1 liter of Iron Brew (similar to Orange Fanta) and french fries.  Yes, fries with pizza. Yum. I needed to mail some letters today, and the only post office that I know of is located in Asda (Walmart), which also has a McDonalds.  Lunch today was at the Golden Arches. Owen got a nugget happy meal, I got a cheeseburger and a side salad, and I pinched some of his fries. So my meal was happy too.  


 I don't know how American children have managed without fish sticks as a happy meal option.  It's an outrage and a crying shame... Incidentally, £2.19 is about $3.50.

4 comments:

  1. We don't have carrot sticks either. Fries and pizza that is a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the problems here, though, is that sometimes their fries are not crisp. Sort of soggy and damp. Maybe their fries mirror the weather on any given day...

      Delete
  2. Given these choices, I chose "something other"!
    When we were in Thailand I was excited for some fries after so much Thai food so we went to McDs and the fries were fried in fish oil. yuck!

    ReplyDelete