Friday, November 2, 2012

Seven!

No, Annie did not get a sister for her 7th birthday, but she did have some new friends over, and they partied hard.  Because I am still trying to get my head above water, I didn't have a terribly well planned event.  The good news is that 7 year olds can entertain themselves!  They played dress-up upstairs, Jenga and Twister, all unaided and un-suggested by me! Then it was time for the "pin the candle on the cupcake." Next the girls headed out to the garden area to play whilst I prepared the gingerbread houses for decorating. TIP: don't do any craft that has the potential to fail. My royal icing didn't harden as well as I wanted it too. And strangely enough, the hand held mixer started to smoke while assembling the houses, even though it was turned off... oh well.  All in all, it was a great day, and I am so very thankful that Annie Joy is here with me, on earth, in my family, taking up space in my heart.

The jacket I found for Annie at a shop called Matalan. Mercy. Isn't she fantastic!? 

All the girls wanted to spin Simon for our pin the candle on the cupcake.  He was a sport. 
Calvin took this picture.

Gingerbread houses topped with weird Scottish candy. Preston helped me throw these together during the party. He's old enough to help and carry on a very fun conversation. Peas and Cal are poking their heads into the doorway for the pic.


Not a great shot, but a successful party nonetheless. Depending on how cold and dark it gets here, she might get a sister for her 8th birthday instead.

4 comments:

  1. Fun time for Annie! The cape/coat is very fantastic! By the way, royal icing is a royal pain in humidity. Is that a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All friends from school than? Of course you cant hold a social butterfly down. I want a red cape too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey, I am finally getting to see this lovely blog. It is great! I love it! My sister-in-law taught me a trick with gingerbread houses-use hot glue! Yes, it is cheating, but there are no tears (mostly mine!). Hope you have a wonderful holiday season over there!

    ReplyDelete