Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I for one was pretty glad to see 2014 shrivel up and die tonight.  It has been like a Tale of Two Cities: the best of times, the worst of times.  The day began with some winter/ holiday cleanup, and in an attempt to make sure that 2014 had the last laugh, I got a migraine. But after a solid nap, and some TLC from my husband, I was ready to take on the rest of the day. My plan is that 2015 will be all the more fabulous because of the 2014 lessons learned, people met, experiences had, and recipes tried.



New Year's Romance.



And boy is he a good "ringing in the new year kisser."



I love that the hostess has the New Year's Countdown up.



Owen tuckered out, but rose to the occasion about 10 minutes before the clock struck midnight.



So many fun games with such great people.



Our New Year's was spent with dear friends, neighbors and my immediate family.  
We chatted, pigged out, partied hard and celebrated our blessings.



Goal setting during morning scriptures, to go along with the last verse in Luke 2.

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."

Based on the above scripture we usually set goals in four areas: educational, physical, spiritual, and social. I'm sure I didn't invent this concept of New Year's resolutions that follow this particular passage.



No comments:

Post a Comment