Thursday, January 1, 2015

Swimming and Snow

My children have been eager to go to our local pool and have a swim, which seems silly to me, given that the weather outsides is 15 degrees (F). Our yard is covered with snow. The mountains are covered with snow, but if my kids want to pretend that they're still in AZ, then who am I to stop them from living up their winter vacation?! (As a side note, I am frugal, and we have a pass to the pool, otherwise, I would pull the "I said today is not a good day, and we just had Christmas...." line.  My kids love it when I say that kind of stuff.) The kids climbed on the rock wall. Then, like any good goal making family, we exercised on the track (It is January 1st, after all!) Annie, Owen and Simon ran a mile.  I briskly walked a mile. Then we swam.  I love these long, lazy, hang out together, winter vacation kind of days.



Owen.



Simon.



Annie.



She's a swimmer, she is.



Bothers and best buds.



Its not a very exciting picture, but I do love to see my kids working together!


2 comments:

  1. We had swimming kids today too. A little different though- we miss you already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacations with the family is always the best, no matter what the season is. And it looks like you all had fun, and was able to bond for quite some time. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Lindsey. Have a great day!


    Bernice Cunningham @ Guardian Industries

    ReplyDelete