Monday, January 5, 2015

Where's Owen?

Annie walked in the door the way she always enters a room: full of purpose, an agenda, and a noon's going to stop me kind of attitude.  This quality is one of the things that both maddens and endears me.    Simon stayed home today with strep (bummer) so Annie and Owen were meant to walk home together. I went through the normal pleasantries with Annie (which she didn't care much for and then I asked her where Owen is.  Her reply started with: "I have now idea"... and finished with some suggestions about what might have happened to him from here to the school.  It was entertaining, and worrisome (which is probably how I might describe my daughter on any given day.  Needless to say, when I walked out the door and saw Owen playing in the snow, I was grateful that he had made it past the 5 houses from the school to us, and I was sufficiently impressed with his snow ball. 



A very giant snowball, which he told me he also made at school during recess.



Owen turned the ball into a seat...



Which he is proudly displaying in this picture.
The snow is pretty fun on a warmish day (anything above 30 degrees counts) and when 
you are cozy in waterproof gear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment