Wednesday, January 14, 2015

When the Moon Hits Your Eye...

For Christmas, Ryan Edward Smith gave me a lovely gift certificate to a fab cooking supply store in SLC, called Gygi's.  With so many fabulous things to get, it was hard to narrow down my list. But in the end, the high quality, made in Italy pasta maker spoke to my heart.  Tonight was it's maiden voyage.  Annie and I made some wonderful fettucine noodles. It was dressed up with alfredo sauce, and served with some steamed broccoli and sour dough bread.  The meal was wonderful.  I love this machine, the pasta, the daughter who made it with me, the husband who funded the operation, and the people who dined with me tonight (my sometimes well behaved crew.) Long live Pasta!



Dough, waiting patiently to be turned into magic.



The machine clips perfectly onto the counter.



I nailed the dough, because it wasn't sticky or crumbly, and the strips were cut perfectly.
The entire assembly time, movie like Moonstruck, and Only You kept playing in my mind. 
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Amore!"



Annie is a girl of many talents. Now pasta preparer is on the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment