Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Furry Furniture

As one of my good friends remarked, my sweet dog is like a piece of really hairy furniture.  The comment made me giggle, and I think it's pretty accurate. Though Cricket is more interesting than a couch or a loveseat, she is incredibly well behaved.  She doesn't bark, bite, drool, steal food, go through trash. She rarely takes herself for a walk (as in "runs away") and every time I do get that "Hey, I've got Cricket" call form my friends, it's bc one of my soldiers accidentally left the gate open. She doesn't smell funny, she doesn't whine, she's excellent with children and other pets. She's just the best dog we have ever owned /will ever own.  With her years of guide dog service to her fabulous previous owner, she has secured her spot in heaven in a way that I only wish I were able to.  Her one vice (and this is a great vice to have, all things considered) is that she sheds. I mean she really sheds.  I finally got around to getting her a dog brush, and with seven people in our family, and seven days a week, we each get to take a turn lovingly brushing our Dog Hero, Cricket.  Here's to our Furry Furniture!  We are better people bc of our amazing dog. (It's okay if you think that your own dog is the best dog in the world... maybe we're both right:~)



At the pet store today. She was so darling that the employee gave her two treats, not just one.
What a dog!



This picture probably doesn't do this scene justice. I took this shot after I dropped Calvin off for school (7th grade) this morning. The moon was so lovely and large.
It was breathtaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment