Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snow Joke

Winter Rant Alert:

For the love of all good things, living in cold country is expensive.  Today we got the kids officially stocked for winter weather (as it was still warm and loverly when we departed for a Christmas in AZ.)  School starts tomorrow and I am sure that my littles will want to sled down hills and engage in some snow ball fights.  Enter the gear necessary to thrive in the snow:  snow boots, bib, jacket, waterproof gloves and a hat.  x 7.  We actually had loads of items that could either be transferred to a younger sibling or still fit (miraculously) but we still easily spent about $200 finishing up our winter preparedness attire.  Boooo.  I don't even ski.  To get set for the the weather where I grew up (sunny, fabulous Tucson) all that was required was a swim suit, available for $10, which would be worn the entire day.  Snow gear means getting all bundled up, and returning to the house fifteen minutes later to pee, which means the the whole thing has to come off again. I means tracking snow inside.  Yes, temps like this mean hot chocolate weather, which is clearly the silver lining.  But in all honestly, I could drink hot chocolate on a hot summer Tucson day just as willingly as I down in now while it snows.  Rant Over.


These aren't saying "wear me to stay warm and toasty."
Theyr'e actually saying "lose one of me so that you can buy me again and again, all season long..."
Rant really over now.


***This post is for Saturday, January 4, 2015.***

No comments:

Post a Comment