Friday, January 16, 2015

Late start to my Hot Date.. But worth the wait

The plan was to meet with Ryan this afternoon at 1:30pm to start our epic "Let's avoid thinking about the fact that Ryan has an epic surgery in just 4 days." In reality, the date got pushed back 3 1/2 hours encase of Ryan's flight debacle, which returned him 19 hours later than planned, and had him take 4 flights to get from Boston to Salt Lake City. Date plans were altered a bit, but tonight was a smashing success. We caught the Jazz vs. Lakers, where the Jazz won, we hit an Italian restaurant, and our hotel is close to the City Creek shopping mall so we got the chance to wander around.  I'm so glad that Ryan's home and am super grateful to my aunt and cousin for watching, playing with my five monkeys while we're gone. Long live date night!



My day started with a TV demonstration on KSL's Studio 5. I showed how to make pasta from scratch.  It will air on Monday at 1:30pm... but if you are out and about on MLK day, I will post the video on my website at thechipperchef.com. 



Nachos at the game tonight. Nothing says pro-ball game like processed cheese.



Nosebleed seats, but we still had a blast.  The last jazz game we went to, Ryan was finishing up his chemo and radiation treatment, and he couldn't clap b/c his hands hurt too much.  It was so wonderful to hear him cheer on players, boo at a bad call, and clap as loud as he wanted to. Blessings.



Not a great picture but we won, and streamers were dropped. It was very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment