Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Calvin Rider Holman Smith - AKA Teenager!

On this very day, thirteen years ago, my second son entered the world.  He was born in Tucson, AZ at 7:00pm, on a Sunday, with his hair parted. I think he was getting gussied up for church, and was probably disappointed when he didn't get to go.  Less than 24 hours before he was born, my family went to see a new movie that had just come out: The Lord of the Rings. He came full circle for his birthday party, when he and some friends went to go see the new Hobbit movie, 3D style.  It is impossible for me to articulate how much  like this boy.  He is smart, helpful, an excellent artist, loves Boy Scouts, is a good big brother, and an all around kind, grateful guy.  Happy Birthday to my favorite 13 year old!



I love that Calvin is helping Owen get his snow gear on to play outside.  He is always quick to help out his siblings.



He wanted a Texas Sheet Cake, so that's what he got.



How clever! A giant "C" for Calvin!  Some families add a candle for "one to grow on." I decided to take one away, for... his thirteen years have been so much fun, and have gone so quickly, it only felt like twelve... (I was just glad that I found any candles in the house!)


1 comment:

  1. Man, I love this kid, I mean teenager!! I remember that day, what a blessing he is!

    ReplyDelete