Friday, May 2, 2014

It is finished!!!

I am loading several pictures of our finished kitchen tonight. It seems almost silly that a few images are supposed to sum up and explain the time, effort, energy, money, and prayers that went into this project. It has been 82 days since we began our remodel in full force. We started with the flooring in our living room, and ended in our dining room tonight, eating fettucine alfredo that I prepared in our new kitchen. TO all of my friends and family who have completed a home remodel, I am proud of you and I now understand the toll it takes, and the joy that is felt upon completion.  For all of my family and friends that haven't yet undertaken the madness of a remodel, I've decided (at least for tonight) that it's a little like childbirth: all the time and energy and sacrifice seem to melt away once you get a good look at the miracle that you helped come to pass. Hosanna, hosanna, I am so glad that we are done.


Rubbish from our remodel adventure... Going...


Going...


Gone.



Gone to the dump.



I made dinner tonight in my kitchen!!!
I don't usually wear the hat, but tonight we needed to celebrate!



Words cna't express how grateful I am to this hunk of a man for working tirelessly to fulfill my kitchen dreams. 1,000 points for Ryan Edward Smith.



Enjoy it!



Come bask in it!



Want to wear an apron? We've got plenty!



Giant fork and spoon: Check!
The kitchen comfortably seats 16.



A dining room free of clutter and mayhem.



The office desk area.

Prepare yourself for deliciousness.  Sign up for a class at thechipperchef.com.  I am now officially in business.

6 comments:

  1. Congratlations Lindsay. You have paved your way. I must say your kitchen is amazingly wonderful and full of space which I like the most. I am too on my way to remodel my kitchen in Cumbernauld. but my kitchen space is somewhat smaller than the normal ones. Some of your ideas can be implemented in it. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! That is one beautiful, huge, efficient, fit for a chef kitchen! I love it! I also love that you guys really finish. Pictures on the wall, clean the counters, organize the fridge finish. I'm still not there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you!!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Lindsay! I can't think of a more deserving person. You are sunshine and comfort food! Love you! -Aub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutly Beautiful! The sweet-tasting fruits of patience and hard work! Congratulations! What will you name her? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible!! Your whole family deserves points what an undertaking and what a reveal! So glad you are back to making chocolate chip cookies!! Now I must see it in person!

    ReplyDelete