Friday, May 23, 2014

Bed Rest

I am home sick today with strep throat.  I have quarantined myself in my bedroom, had a few pity parties, made some calls, watched the movie "Holes", read some churchy stuff, cried a little, slept a lot, and prayed several times.  Three cheers for antibiotics which have me feeling better this evening then I felt this morning, and should have me feeling fabulous by 10:41 tomorrow.  As a side note, I had strep thorax on my wedding day, but was so excited that I just ignored it. By the next morning, I was throwing up, my throat was killing, I had a fever, and a plane to catch. Naturally, I thought I was allergic to my new husband. The silver lining is that in Acapulco, antibiotics can be found in any pharmacy, no prescription needed. So it only took 3 days into my honeymoon to feel back to normal...and then my glasses were stolen... Maybe now is not the time to relive my honeymoon...I'm trying to feel better and these memories don't seem to be lifting my spirits.


There are few I like less than getting my throat swabbed. 


FYI: Calvin had his 6th grade class dance today, and had a great time.  Preston got a "call back" for the musical. He was very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment