Monday, May 12, 2014

Dia de Madres

My Mother's Day was basically amazing. Waffles breakfast, prepared by the kids and my loving husband, fantastic home-made gifts and cards, a beautiful lily corsage, chocolate dipped spoon and nifty quotes as a handout at church, I got to share some thoughts on Heavenly Mother in sacrament meeting, the talks in church were wonderful, dishes done by family the whole day, I took a nap, Ryan had a gifted seamstress pal make me a new bag (and I love it! and I love her!) We finished the night by sitting down as a family and watching a show about kittens.  For real. I am very thankful for today. It might go down in my herstory as the very best Mother's Day ever!!!


I prepared (with the help of some friends and my children) the handout at church for Mother's Day. It went to each and every girl in the congregation. Each of us gals are at different stages of mothering, not yet married, no kids, older kids, wayward kids, empty nesting, etc... but like our Heavenly Mother, our destiny is to be a Queen, a Goddess, a Mother in Heaven, so today we all celebrated together. (This  concept is one of the Mormon theology bits that I LOVE!)



Simon made me a 3D card!



I love the flowers, card, butterfly for the plant, and my two monkeys and ape in the pic.



Preston can draw! He's very creative.



Annie is prolific. Two coupon books, crayon art, a Mother's Day card in Chinese, two in English. Boom, baby!



I look a bit haggard, but the bag sure looks fab! It might be hard to see, but there is a chef ninja, holding a whisk on the bag.  It is sooo awesome.  I can't wait to use it.  For the best gift options in the world, go to radseams.com.  10 points to Amy Beth Hunter!




No comments:

Post a Comment