Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day To Be Remembered!!!

Today was simply fantastic!!! Easily the best Memorial Day my dear family has ever had: good food, getting along, remembering, visiting family, tiny miracles, peace and serenity:~)


We visited the cemetery where my Grandmother MaryJane Stander was buried.  She was Dutch and so we got her some orange mums (Holland and orange are B.F.F.'s, as in the House of Orange) and I folded my Oma a little white Dutch hat, which I think will surely amuse her when she sees it.  We called my mom (who is in Tucson right now) and had her share some thoughts about her mom with us. Love you and miss you Oma!



As a miracle, whilst visiting our headstone, a family about 30 feet over remembered my grandparents and shared some faith promoting stories with me about them. It was so awesome!
Preston is not pictured because Memorial Day found him in the house, attempting to feverishly cathc up on homework that is due tomorrow.



We visited my cousin Cole up at Primary Children's Hospital.  He had brain surgery about a week and a half ago, and is actually up walking and talking!  It was so great to visit with him and my uncle Todd.  Simon and Cole are holding hands and fist bumping. We shared several cheesy jokes that my mother supplied.



Dipping around at a park...ing lot.  We picked up street tacos and parked in a place with grass and shade. Then Ryan turned into a jungle gym.



Memorial Day: time to buy a barbecue!



Washing the car.



Clay crafting.



Cheeseburgers in paradise. Happy grilling man.

1 comment:

  1. This does look like an amazing memorial day, oh to be a Smith!!

    ReplyDelete